Friday, January 28, 2011

Quotes For Losing Someone To Cancer

enjoy - in Thai

legumes are rich in protein and especially - one of my favorite vegetables. I love lentils, peas, beans and chickpeas. The latter are particularly popular in Asian cooking. Since we love to eat Thai and Indian, it is obvious that migrate and chickpeas in our pot. Today's chickpea curry is cooked in Thai style. The required Massaman curry paste I myself have made in a mortar. This promises a fresh and delicate aroma.

I like to use dried chickpeas, they must be at least 12 hours in advance to be soaked. I filled 500g dried chickpeas in a bowl and cover with water. During soaking the chickpeas swell on strong, so you should use a large bowl and fill water.

After my purchase in Asia Laden could then also be concerned about the fresh ingredients and I have started to produce the curry paste. I'm using a very large and heavy (15kg) stone mortar. Curry pastes are mixed in a food processor do not achieve the fullness of flavor as in the slow crushing in a mortar.

The ingredients for the curry paste are as follows (results in about 7 tablespoons):

7 red, dried chili peppers
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
40g garlic, finely chopped
30g shallots, finely
chopped 2 tablespoons galangal, finely chopped and a dry pan roasted without oil
4 stalks lemon grass, the lower part finely chopped and roasted
2 tablespoons coriander roots, finely
chopped 1 tablespoon coriander seeds,
toasted 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, roasted
8 green cardamom pods, roasted
8 cloves,
roasted 1 / 2 nutmeg, grated
1 tsp white pepper
1 / 2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon shrimp paste

The chillies are seeded, chopped and soaked in water. In the production starting with the toughest ingredients and pounds them slowly with the pestle and mortar. I started with the soaked chilies and salt, then the fresh ingredients gradually added, and at the end of the dry spices. You open the cardamom pods after roasting and uses only the inner seed. At the very end I still worked for shrimp paste. If all the ingredients are ready, take to produce the paste, about 20 minutes. Here are the ingredients are ground fine and mixed.



If the curry paste is ready, I prepare before the remaining ingredients. For this curry we still need:

4 tablespoons of curry paste
4 medium potatoes
2 large onions,
chopped 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons light soy sauce
500ml coconut milk and a little coconut cream (if unavailable, will Coconut milk is used and only the top layer of the solid Can)
some water
2 fresh red chili peppers (jalapenos I've made my last year's harvest taken)
3 tablespoons oil
and of course the soaked chickpeas.

in hot oil until I fry the curry paste to give a few minutes and then the coconut milk and coconut cream and possibly some more water. Then I give the chick peas and the chopped onions and the potatoes cut into pieces and strips of chili in the pot.

the curry cook now has about 20 minutes, then the potatoes and the chickpeas are tender. Season with salt, sugar and soy sauce and serve immediately.



The remaining curry paste I give my ice cube tray in the freezer and freeze it in portions. Although she is no longer quite as good as freshly made, but still much better than purchased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment